HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM FELINES 1ST
Coronavirus Update 26/12/2020
In order to ensure the safety of both the public and Felines 1st volunteers, while ensuring the welfare of the cats, we need to follow strict rehoming protocols. These procedures can be found here.
We are still unable to raise funds for Felines 1st through our usual events, which makes this an incredibly difficult time for us. We therefore appreciate any support that you are able to provide during the Coronavirus crisis. Please see below for ways that you may be able to support us.
If you have any concerns about the implications of Coronavirus on your own pets, find out more here.
Latest news stories and events
Read about the Rehoming of our 100th Cat and the story: A Case of Mistaken Identity:
Gollum writes a series of articles that informs and hopefully entertains both Felines and Humans. Read all about Gollum’s advice during the festive season:
How to support Felines 1st
If you would like to support cats in need, there are many ways that you can do this. As a new and fast growing charity, we would really value your help. More than ever we need your support during this challenging time.
- Are you looking to adopt a cat or find a feline friend and live in Surrey or Sussex? Please visit our Rehome page, where you can see some of the cute cats at Felines 1st looking for a loving home.
- Could you financially support the work that Felines 1st does to ensure that no cat is left alone or vulnerable? Regular donations will enable us to help local needy cats. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you able to donate your time? We need people to help us with Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Donations of wet and dry food are welcomed as they help Felines 1st support strays and homeless cats and kittens in the area. These can be dropped off in the food bin upstairs in Pets at Home / Vets4Pets in Crawley.
- Support us for free when you shop on Amazon and with Easy Fundraising.
- If you are a Pets at Home customer, please select Felines 1st as your charity of choice, and Pets at Home will make a donation to Felines 1st.
- Help cats just by talking about us. A mention to friends and family may be the catalyst that changes the luck for one of the abandoned cats that do not have a warm bed at night with a loving family to look after them.
From everyone at Felines 1st, Thank You for your support!
You can support us for free
When you shop on Amazon, you can donate to Felines 1st for FREE, but only if you use the Smile Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping App to all AmazonSmile customers using an iPhone or Android phone. When your supporters have activated AmazonSmile in the app, every eligible purchase will automatically generate a donation for your organisation. Go to “Programmes and Features” in your app’s menu to activate AmazonSmile.
4,000 shops and sites will donate to us when you use easyfundraising to do your everyday online shopping, at no extra cost to you! Every donation you raise makes a difference to us, so please sign up today. This is a great way to support us for FREE! To create an account just visit our page: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/felines1st/
Our vision and aims
Our vision is to work towards a society where no cat is left alone or vulnerable and all cats are treated with compassion, kindness and care. Felines 1st is striving for no cat in the Surrey/Sussex area to be left behind, forgotten or abandoned when in need.
Our aims are to ensure the welfare of cats, this is achieved by:
- Visit our Facebook page
Contact us: email@example.com
Please be aware that Felines 1st is comprised entirely of volunteers who give their time to the Charity; we may not be able to immediately respond to you. We aim to respond to messages within 2-3 working days. Thank you for your patience and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.