Felines 1st Privacy Statement
The charity recognises that your privacy is very important and so we want you to be confident with the way we handle your personal information. We have outlined below how Felines 1st collects, uses, discloses, and protects this information.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), Felines 1st, is defined as the Data Controller and therefore has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use appropriate technologies to safeguard your details and keep to strict security standards to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Personal information includes any details that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address, internet protocol address or telephone number.
How we collect information
Felines 1st receives and stores personal information provided by adoptees, potential adoptees, members of the public enquiring about cats via Lost and Found, volunteers and sponsors/donors supplied to us in writing, via email, via the telephone or on our website when applying, enquiring, volunteer opportunities or when donating money to the charity.
We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example, another animal welfare charity or other third party organisation who refers you to the Charity.
How we use information
We may use the information we collect from you in any of the following ways:
- We principally collect personal information so that we can provide you with the services, and information you have requested in relation to cat welfare or agreements with volunteers and to further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities.
- We may use personal information such as your address, email address and telephone/mobile phone number to communicate with you, for example to provide information relating to our work in rescuing, reuniting and rehoming cats.
- We may also use your personal information for internal administration, analyses and operational/service reviews.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis we use to process your personal data may differ for each processing activity.
- The personal information that we collect so that we can provide you with our Adoption and Welfare services and is processed with your explicit consent.
- If we need to contact other charities in order to provide you with services, we shall always gain your consent before sharing your personal data with this third party.
- Agreements with Volunteers are processed under Legitimate Interest.
- Personal data processed in the course of a fundraising activity that individuals have registered for, will be processed under Legitimate Interest.
- All electronic direct marketing communications will require your consent.
How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information in line with current data retention regulations. In certain circumstances we have a statutory obligation to keep your personal information for a set period of time for example financial information (normally six to seven years) for financial auditing purposes.
Disclosure of information
Felines 1st may share personal information, as necessary and with your agreement, with other charities/providers or other relevant third parties so that we can provide the welfare services you have asked for, or to process your donations, or to carry out any other obligations arising from any contract or agreement entered into between you and the charity.
The charity may also disclose personal information to other volunteers including the charity Trustees in the course of providing you with our services, such as the Homing Team.
The charity does not permit these parties to use such information for any other purpose than to perform the services they have been instructed to provide by us.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.
Storage and security of personal information
Felines 1st uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure that you provide personal information in a secure and confidential environment and when the information is no longer needed it will be destroyed or permanently rendered anonymous.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, organisational and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us, emailing us at the address below.
- Right of access to your information:if you require access to the personal data we hold about you then please write to us or email us at the addresses below.
- Right to rectify your information:If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect then please write to us or email us at the addresses below.
- Right to erase your information:If you do not want Felines 1st to hold your personal data any longer then please write to us or email us at the addresses below.
- Right to restriction of processing:If you believe that your personal data is inaccurate, or that the we are processing your personal data unlawfully but you do not want your personal data erased and you wish to restrict the processing of your personal data, then please write to us or email us at the addresses below.
- Right to object:If you believe that there are no legitimate grounds for processing your data or that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, then please write to us or email us at the addresses below.
If you wish to complain to Felines 1st then please write to us or email us at the addresses below.
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The Data Privacy Manager, Felines 1st, 3rd Floor, The Pinnacle, Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1JH
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 28/09/2019